View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 08:32 PM   #3

I headed west out of Cornucopia towards Port Wing. I spotted a turn off for a National Forest road and decided to check it out. For the next 2 hours and 25 miles, I was riding off pavement.

Some of it was soft sand and required a bit of 2wd to get through but the bulk of it was passable, albeit slowly. The area reminded me of Talkeetna, Alaska, with the mix of pine and birch.

After getting back to US 2, it was time to head south. It was early enough that I could get to Drummond and the campground before dark. I got set up before 5 pm.

And made some dinner. Dinner was Dinty Moore in the can.

The temp continued to drop and I was glad I thought to bring a cold weather sleeping bag. Brrr! Had a decent nights sleep, though.

Yesterday morning, while making breakfast,

and doing TCLOCKS, I found the Kenda just about worn out. I moved the Kenda to the spare, the spare to the sidecar, and the half way decent Duro on the sidecar to the pusher.

I left about 10 and headed back to Dads to drop off what I forgot to drop off on Monday. Did I mention it was cold? I was wearing a t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, wool sweater, hoodie, jeans, with my lined drover coat. I was still cold. I shouldn't be needing heated grips this time of the year.

Swapping the tires around stopped the ass kicking i was getting earlier. The rest of the ride home was pretty much uneventful, though the stretch between the Dells and Evansville was a hoot. It usually has heavy traffic but yesterday it was wide open and it was 65 mph for almost 50 miles.

I got my last tank of gas in Marengo, IL and was home less than an hour later. My ass hurt, my shoulders hurt, and my back hurt. I'm better today, just some minor aches. I got the perishables out of the sidecar this morning but most of the day has been a recovery day. AKA, sitting on my ass.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts