View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #1

Boom Vader engine rebuild

I tried to wheelie my Boom Vader a while back, dropped it, and ended up snapping some gear dogs in the transmission. The pieces of these got into the timing chain and caused it to snap.

I took the engine off the frame and rebuilt it.

I replaced the following:

Speedo cluster
Transmission
Clutch pack
Timing chain
141 bbk from TBoltUSA.com - includes piston, piston pin, big jug, jug and metal head gaskets
140yx head from Amazon- includes head, z40 camshaft,
upgraded springs, 32T sprocket (now the only reason I bought this head is because the large 42mm bearing bore on my stock head was out of round)

I debated upgrading to the ZS190 but I heard it had its own issues, and I was not going back to 125cc, so the 141 bbk was the perfect in between.

I took this thing all the way apart. I wanted to learn from this, whether it worked or failed. It's was worth it!

I learned a ton from this forum about tuning my carb, and I am able to retain the same jetting in my vm22-133, which is the perfect size for a 140. Thank you China Riders!!

I learned a ton from Minibike Action on YouTube. I reached out to him and he was willing to help me along the way and it was great having someone who knows what's going on helping me on my first go round. So thank you John!

I started with Chinese bikes because I know the quality is on the rise and I wanted to go bike school. This is it. They have so much to offer.

Thank you for reading, I'll be posting updates. I've completed 4 heat cycles and once it stops raining I'll go for a drive.