View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Interestingly, the Rocky is not even listed as one of their models at amigomotorsports.com, which is the name on Mike's Amigo box. That box also says "Designed in California, Assembled in China".
It was a perplexing mystery, until I happened to see this bike on the Boom/Baodiao site, and then it made sense since I could never quite find a manufacturer on the US EPA/DOT certification database or the CARB database. They certify the Rocky under the same certificates for both the EPA/DOT and CARB as the Vader. Icebear certifies their Champion on the same EPA/DOT certificate as their Fuerza.

http://www.baodiaomt.com/MOTORCYCLE_..._BIKE/158.html

It even shows 'BOOM' on the bike, but 'Amigo' on the engine. I spoke to Pete at Kronik Racing about how he should carry the Boom branded clone since he is the defacto Vader guru, but he said that Amigo has some exclusive deal with Boom, or at least for several container-loads of them. He didn't have nice things to say about dealing with Amigo, so for now, he won't be carrying the clones, which I think is a shame since he sorted out the Vaders so well.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard