Thread: DeSoto V2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 05:51 PM   #2

Finally did something on it today.

The bottom bracket that Falkon45 gifted me arrived yesterday. He also included an RPM bottom bracket. I got it installed today.

It took a couple of tries to get in place because this trike is a bottom feeder POS, but it's in there.

I test fit three different crank sets to see which gave me the best chain line and, surprise, two will work.
Sugino Impel.
[/url]

Cheap Soligor.

Spendy Soligor

The Spendy Soligor and the Sugino Impel are my two choices and it will be down to which small chain ring to use. I also found I had a pair of Shimano 105 pedals in my stash. Definitely lipstick on a pig.

I also made use of the plasma cutter today and made the slot for the brake drum hub reaction arm.

Took more time to set everything up and take it down than cutting the slot. There will be a solid anchor point for the reaction arm when I get that far.

This is where the fun ended and I ran into the repairs that 'Jack On Drugs' did. Apparently the rear axle was a replacement. Specs call for a 5/8" axle. What I ended up fcuking up to remove was 15mm. 5/8" is about 16mm, so the axle was undersized. So, anything and everything that had a 5/8" bore was welded into place. I called 'Jack On Drugs' every name I could think of while grinding off welds.

Looks I'm spending some bucks on an axle, drive hub, bearings, and possibly a freewheel hub if I can't get the SS freewheel off that little pecker.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Last edited by cheesy; 08-19-2022 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spelng