Thread: "CG125" Clone
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 09:00 PM   #28

Had to cancel my vacation due to teammates getting sick so decided to start playing with mods I had lined up for the "rebuild". My first attempt was the PWK28 carb, sadly the intake I purchased was incorrect so I had to improvise.

I started by cutting the flange off a stock intake and attached the carb to that using a bit of rubber hose. I then used the intake boot from a pz30 carb heated and stretched it to the 50mm required for the PWK.

Completed install:

Sadly while the bike started and idled immediately and had good low-end torque with the new carb, it was running way too rich. I also think my makeshift intake manifold was causing issues as the fuel would puddle inside the intake making the bike unpredictable and impossible to tune.

I have since reverted these mods and ordered what I think to be the correct intake, an inexpensive kit of jets, and a short (approximately 40mm) velocity stack. I am hoping that with these I can finally get this bike to run well with the carb.

My CG style daily. 150cc

Unknown Brand 150cc GY6 powered ATV. (This is a work in progress, will start a thread when I get around to reviving it.)