View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 01:45 AM   #167

Well, that would explain the disconnected lead under the tank; if I ground it out, the 6th gear pops up on the display.. That's some good info though! I'm still piddling with the gearing on my Titan DLX but, 70MPH is surprising. Man, I want 6 gears so bad lol just ONE more gear, and it would be almost perfect. Hell of a lot more comfortable I bet, that's for sure!

I'm going to definitely get the 14T gear BUT... there are two different ones that are possibly a match, three really. I need to measure the spline again just to really know - but, the JTF328 is a match, I've been using the JTF1329, and I just saw the JTF1554 might be a fit too. The stock 13T does have a little lip on the engine side, and is pretty beefy. The 1554 seemed more like the stock dimensions to me - no complaints from the 1329, but only 12T and 13T. I found out 12T is max for an O or X ring chain, but it wears a little on the sprocket walls.. kinda thick. So, I'm running Niche standard chains from now on. My current gearing is 13T stock front / 40T rear @ 70MPHish. Ish because downhill I can hit 76MPH lol but a good gust of wind is needed as well. But have hit 76MPH via GPS WOT / 70MPH comfortably (minus the vibrations). The 14T front will hopefully provide a few more MPH? Hopefully.. Getting this thing up to 55MPH+ isn't hard, but good lord - it turns into a vibrator on wheels!! still love it for what it can do though It has survived a pretty nice fall into some rock - not quite a tank. Lost a few parts, but started up after a few min - no issues.

Keeping that 6 gear model in my mind for sure - might be a future purchase!