View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 01:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
very nice Jayjay80, and I agree it is very similar to the Lifan X-pect which also has a 197cc engine. The frame seat and tank and even the plastic fairing is very similar, but the engine looks a little different. Nice bike all the same, Who is the manufacturer, Qipai in China is the Lifan manufacturer.

Thanks for the reply.

TBH the title just says 'Daytona'

I bought the bike second hand from a Lao guy, and my Lao/Thai Language skills are OK for basic things but I didn't get much detailed information.

There is a 'ZongShen' dealer in Vientiane Laos, or at least I found them on Facebook, haven't figured out where yet. Finding out stuff here can be hard going, I am curious myself.

I have seen the Hawk's and Tao-Tao brand on youtube channels such as Motocheeze, Bikes and Beards etc, there are some similarities, but I think my bike is closer to 200cc and it has a rear drum brake, but some things like the handlebars, tank, seat etc look very similar, so I am still trying to figure it out

Any pointers would be welcome!

BTW, their are actually cars manufactured by Lifan in Laos, including one that looks like they tried to copy the Mini Cooper but failed.

I plan to try and make another video about Chinese cars in Laos.

Thanks for the feedback!