View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 07:50 PM   #7

Little more messing around on the titan today. I swapped the 112 jet for a 120 as is recommended and the bike runs magically better. The jump from the stock 102 to 112 jetting was very noticable but the jump from 112 to 120 was meh. I need more time on it but I think it's running slightly rich. I haven't shimmed the needle yet either but I would say it may not need much.
I pulled the forks apart again to try and get some more use out of them. I added another 10cc of fluid for a total of 220 per leg. That seemed to help a little and I don't think adding more will be as beneficial.
It's seems these bikes have odd ball pilot jets too. I just can't find a replacement that is the same shape and of the size I need which is 42. Anyone have any links to the correct ones?
I also pulled the springs to measure them and cut a couple coils off them until i can find replacements. For the record they are 381mm long and 28mm wide. They are close enough to nija 250 springs that they may make a good substitute. Now mine are about 350mm long. I didn't have anything on hand to make a preload spacer so I just put it back together and ran it. The front is much stiffer now but at a cost of height. It dropped the bike a good amount, maybe an inch, but I think it's worth it. I'm not bottoming out all the time now. Infact I didn't bottom out once today.
I'm starting to see the limits of these bikes too as I ride them harder. I have Motocrossed it, done two harescrambles and done a lot of trail rides and most of my street gear parts are broken, breaking or just about fallen off. I'm going to have to start removing stuff again just for safety. Just today the headlight tab stripped out and the bolt fell right onto my lower triple tree and quickly got jammed under the lock tabs preventing me from being able to turn. It took me forever to bash it out.