View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 03:07 AM   #33

good info there Lukas thank you !
Well with my Kids help I got HUD ECU HACKER installed on the laptop
and I think we got the right USB driver for the Forscan adapter should we use it...
all in all it looks like it's up and running but of course I will need to do a comparitor test
in order to see if it is actually working correctly or not.
I've complicated the issue here by quite a bit by adding the USB adaptor which I may well not even use, as I do have the OBD2 wifi adaptor thing I bought a while back
I mean why not use WIFI if I can, and not have to be connected via cable right ?!?!?
but the laptop is running the files just like the desktop here so that is a good sign
.... I'm getting closer !
all this fiddling around took about 2 hrs because I don't know what I am doing
but with my Kids help we breezed through it fairly fast and it looks like I am ready to plug it in and see if it works.....
but I still need to do an echo test to make sure it is working like it should.... I can't forget that !!!!
..... (gott'a read up on how to do the Echo test again from HUD ECU HACKER help files)
in my way of thinking I should be able to just go out there and plug it in and it should work...and I can down load a copy of the RX4's ECU....
once I get that secured I can play with it a bit I think...as I can always revert back to the original file ( in theory )
Bob..........