View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #30

Yah I hear ya ! I've been into computer programming in my younger days but I got left in the dust so fast it was scary ! i went from GWbasic to Borland C then to C++ but when they went to Object oriented programming they lost me... I could not follow their logic to save my soul so I gave up and let the Kid do it ! HAHAHAHHA
Back in the day I was selling a program I made on the internet when that stuff first started ... then Microsoft started giving away a program with windows 7 that was far better than mine ! I was out gunned and out paced in one move !
so I am not a total dummy when it comes to computers but the programs now that is another story completely !
I still have problems doing a search on google for something and my crummy spelling doesn't help that at all ! HAHAHAHA
but I know how to access the RS232 port on my old comodore 128 because I made a Morse code program for it and it worked fantastically i could even copy RTTY if I wanted
but now days everything goes through windows and you can't get by windows even if you wanted to ! so i have become a USER now..... that erks me to say that but it is true
.... and with this OBD2 stuff I am happy to follow other footsteps to get what I want ....now !
Most technology that has sprung up in the last 30 odd years is just a new way of doing something old school but when they change the hardware to match that new way you must evolve or leave it alone ! and I'm not ready to leave motorcycles alone even if they ARE Fuel injected ! ( it's like Why would you do that to a motorcycle People !?!?!)
and I wound up buying one.... WHY ? I'm still not 100% positive on that ! HA !
the thing is with these fuel injected bikes if you like the way it works your in like flynn
but if you don't there is only one way to change it..... LEARN the NEW STUFF !!!!
right now I'm just learning it so I know how to BEEF it UP in the future !
I've never seen a bike that you couldn't improve the performance on.... these F.I things just make it a bit more tricky is all !
Bob........