Thread: "CG125" Clone
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 11:11 PM   #2

Mods have begun

Been raining a bit lately, my apologies for the dirty bike.

Within a week of owning the bike I decided to customize it a bit, no point in having something that is the same as everyone else.

My main gripe with the bike was the front brake, the stock lever had too much travel and then required too much force to actually feel like I was slowing. In an attempt to remedy this I got a set of levers from another popular (locally) brand of clones, taking the opportunity to upgrade to a hydraulic clutch in the process.

The stock muffler was also changed for an inexpensive aftermarket part as the stock muffler was a bit restrictive and too quiet for my liking.

With those mods the bike was a bit lean, I have since changed the main jet to a 105, leaving the stock 35 primary. Raising the needle height to the first slot helped a bit with the transient response however I need to get a bigger pilot. Sadly none of the kits I can find online have the correct primary types, the carb that I have currently - a dekni pz37 (possibly a clone) - uses taller primaries.

I think this is where the bike will stay until I get the stuff I have on order from the US to really get started on the engine mods.

Last edited by jamrock876; 07-11-2022 at 04:46 PM. Reason: attempted to format the picture