View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 08:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This is what I am talking about. The pin on the slide height adjustment screw (idle) isn't long enough on my son's TBR7. It makes a barely perceptable change when it is warm, and no change when it is cold. I need a longer pin at the end of the adjuster screw... OR as Jerry suggested, I can remove the screw, and file the post that the screw mounts into so that the head seats lower. It is a good idea, and I know it will work. Of course, I will want to make sure the aluminum shavings DON'T go into the carb. No problem. I am sure even a 1-2mm shave will be effective. The pin would lift the slide by a mm or two for cold running.

But the weather is HOT here in Kansas City. The thing starts up instantly and idles fine. This is a COLD weather issue!!!

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30763
My idle screw looks like yours. It has about enough space between the screw head,and the carb to get a thumb nail in. I didn't start it back up, but I turned it in a little, and back out to were it was. I assume it will raise the idle, but mine is idling fine in this hot weather.