View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 08:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbogey View Post
And does it have the beep with signals? How do you disable that? Lol
This is an easy fix. Just snip a wire inside the turn signal module. Motocheez has a youtube video showing this.

But do you really want a DUAL SPORT? The CRF230 is an enduro. The frame, suspension, engine are all down-scaled on the typical chinese dual sport compared to the CRF. There are enduro-scaled Chinese dirt bikes that are street legal. The suspension is probable the most significant difference that you will notice, but the dual sport tires will prove to be completely inadequate compared to the knobbies you had on the CRF. Believe me, they will wash out in mild conditions!

I bought a TemplarX 250 from PowerSportsMax. The bike was shipped and arrived in my city in three days! If it wasn't a weekend, I would have gotten it four days! And I got the paperwork within two weeks. Mine came with motorcycle written on the motorcycle certificate of origin (MCO), so I was able to register and plate it, no problem. Geico had no problem insuring it ($35 added to my existing policy for a 12 month premium). I got the Templar X 250, made by Zuumav. It has the Zongshen 172FFM 249cc 19hp engine. It's great! Unfortunately, it isn't available just now. It would be worth calling and asking about:
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31046
This is the same mil available on the new and much more expensive Lifan KPX 250 (which is another bike to look at, though it is a dual sport as well).

Templar 250 (not the "X") is STILL available for under $2000. It is equipped with USD forks (beefy headset and triple clamps, but under 250lbs! It doesn't have the luggage rack or adjustable suspension, but it does have the upgraded controls, wheels, and the same engine. Powersports max and amazon both have this bike.

There are other enduro-based bikes with 16 or 17hp engines, but with more substantial frames and suspension. If you are not expecting off-road performance, then a dual sport makes perfect sense.

Bashan makes some excellent bikes for dual sport ranging from dual sport oriented (Storm, or Brozz) to more off-road (knobby tires on the recon). See these models at shopapmcDOTcom or brozz250DOTcom.

The Bashan bikes have inverted front forks (USD). I own a Storm from APMS (Don), but Jeffrey at brozz250 also has a good rep.

I am just saying, you can get a lot of bike to $2000 these days. Even less than $2000! I can attest to the build quality and choice of good components (Zuumav) and the Storm. Lots of people here have Bashan bikes.