View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 01:58 AM   #34

Well, that worked out fairly good ! but the experiment failed
I got the springs from PYoungbl and made an extension adaptor so they would fit on the bike ...the weakest spring was just slightly too weak and the others way too stiff
so what I wound up doing was putting the spring I bought back on the shock and making a new lower link for the suspension, I found the maximum length the link can be extended to was a mear 5/8" longer ! I wound up making another one from scratch and put a bronze bushing in it and it is now on the bike
I had to raise the preload a bit...(lower the preload nuts on the shock to increase spring tension) to raise the rear slightly as the tire was rubbing as the new lower link really lowered things ! seat height is right at 30" now and with the harder spring on there the tire shouldn't rub anymore.... but I haven't ridden it sense. been too busy getting our well pump going again ( it gave up the ghost)
the bike squats slightly when I sit on it but only a small amount 1/2" or so I'ed guess
but it does compress now when I bounce on it.... so I think this is where the bike is going to stay at from now on.
although I may have to swap out the spring for the stock one if the one in there is too soft.... but I doubt it.

Bob.......