View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 09:12 PM   #11

It's been a couple of months and more than 1,000 miles later. I've gained a lot of on-road experience and some gravel/dirt road experience now. Overall I absolutely love this bike and it's been getting a lot of attention from on-lookers.

Some recent updates:

1. I added a small tank bag I got off Amazon. I love the ability to store some sunglasses, gloves, and a bottle of water, but the magnets aren't strong enough for it to stay put. I've ziptied it to the handlebars as a safety measure but honestly the zip tie is holding it from flying off more than the magnets. Not sure what to do but might add some stronger magnets to see if that works.

2. Over the last 1,000 miles, the chain has been my biggest worry. I would tighten it and after 100 miles or so it would be so loose. I bought a Niche 428 Gold chain with X-ring seals in the 128 link size. Went on great and since putting about 200 miles on it already, it has not loosened a touch!

I've adjusted the list on the first post:
-I'm debating a small windscreen. I've looked around at photos from other and don;t really like the way they look on the our bikes. But the wind abuse and noise at 55-60mph is annoying on the longer trips.

-I'm going to get new handlebars soon, so I will install the handlegaurds at that point. I'm secretly hoping to have a small spill that bends my stock handlebar and "forces my hand" to buy a new one. Otherwise I can't bring myself to replace a perfectly good stock one.

-Also a full exhaust and new jets are in the future. My wife surprisingly has taken a eye to the bike and wants to go on rides! Right now I am maxing the bike out solo around 55-60 GPS mph, and with a passenger I don't want to be holding up traffic. So more power and higher top speed is my goal.