Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 10:09 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Edit: alright! One more on team Templar lol.
I’m really tempted to order the stripped down version too. Same power, even lighter
It is $1499 (!) for that "stripped down" bike right now. That is truly amazing. Even with $300 shipping, it is great! Stripped down means you only get...
well it still has the 249cc 19hp engine, a 520 chain/sprockets, a battery, USD front forks (!), folding stubby short shifter (!), tucked in brake, tucked in kickstart, AND electric start, full led lighting/turn signals, the full sized 21"/18" wheels (!), tiny compression release lever for easy start (or whatever that is), throttle cam roller, kill switch, digital display with fuel gauge and tach, digital gear indicator...oh, and a new Lime green color option! Frame is painted color option on the Templar, not the Templar X (flat black frame), and Templar X is 6" longer wheelbase. Also, Front fork travel is longer on the X. Swingarm geometry looks different too.

Losing the rack, ballonet/adjustment rear shock feature, engine guard, some plastic covers, and other changes saves (258-232 =) 26 lbs. Yup, I agree. Nice. I wanted the rack and adjustable shocks, so I paid the extra $350. Still a good deal!

Last edited by Thumper; 05-25-2022 at 10:54 PM.