View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 04:15 PM   #20

Bob, I do not recall what my final spring choice was for the OEM shock. The sag was OK but the actual shock was then the limiting factor. I was going with Hyperco springs. Their catalogue lists hundreds of springs so you just find the size close to what you want, then get the resistance within that series. My notes say that I used a 187AO 650 so it was a 187AO with 650 resistance. That's not to say I ended up with the 650, I think I actually ordered two different resistant levels, tried the stiffer one, switched to the softer, and wished i had one step softer still. Here's their catalogue. Look at page 11 or 12. I was using a 7" spring and had to make spacers for it to fit.file:///Users/peteryoungblood/Downloads/hyperco_catalog%20(1).pdf. The retirement issue stalks me too...retired in '03 but, damn, life is too short and the custom shock made the difference between keeping the bike and selling it. Cogent built the shock and installed their choice of spring, I do not know what spring they used. FWIW, Joey at CSC tried to help by having a local suspension expert build something from the OEM shock. That was no better than what i had already built using the Hyperco spring. I sent the test rig back to CSC with a 'thanks but no thanks'.