View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #17

Thanks Lucas ! what the heck is that last photo ?
Yah....unfortunately it looks like I need to take the rear swing arm completely off
(and I am not looking forward to that task at all)
I do have a motorcycle/ATV lift I got from HF. but the bike isn't very stable on it and finding anchor points in the shop to tie the bike down is hap-hazard at best !

SPRINGS.....
I got a spring from Race Tech and unfortunately it feels exactly like the original spring
and it is 537 lbs. it's a tad shorter but that is of no real importance for my riding.
I am thinking or ordering a 400 lb spring now because it is far too stiff there is no flex in the rear at all and there should be some sag but there isn't at all the only thing that flexes is the tire itself !
I've had over 50 motorcycles in my life time and this is the very first time I have had trouble with the rear suspension it's as if the rear suspension is locked up tight no movement at all....and that makes for a really hard ride any bumps at all and you feel them really well. a 30 minute ride and I feel like I've been beat up !
So I have been trying to find out why it is so darn hard riding.... I replaced the spring with a Race tech spring of 537 lb. rate and it feels just like the original...no give at all
I've lubed the links below and noticed that they are extremely stiff ....
I am starting to wonder if it's assembled correctly too..... if anyone has a photo of their link system under the bike I'd appreciate seeing it !
i find it very odd that there is NO sag what so ever on this bike.... there never has been
.... the TT250 has some sag like it should have it's stiff to me but it's the Kids bike
and she likes it that way ...

my question to you guys is do you think a 400lb spring would be soft enough to give some sag ? .... there is no technical information on the shock or spring rate and I am going blind and I have no way to measure the original spring it's too stiff to measure !
and the one I just bought is the same way ! LOL.....
thanks for the help guys ....I need all the help I can get !
Bob.......