View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #1

[SOLVED] KPR 200 dies in the heat. Help!

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my 2021 Lifan KPR 200. The bike has run strong since I bought it, but on the first 85°+ day this year I couldn't get the engine passed 3500 RPM without it just cutting out and dying. I took my car to work instead, and when I came back home at around 11:00 p.m, it worked fine. I had the same experience a couple days later when we had the same temperatures. Everything is fine up to a quarter throttle, after that it just shuts off like I hit the kill switch. I keep the bike outside under a cover, but there's really no shade so it gets quite hot. Is this something to do with the thermal protection system? If so, can I just replace the thermometer with a certain value resistor?
2019 Hawk 250 - PWK carb, NIBBI throttle cable, Bitwell whisky throttle, digital dash, CRF230F titanium exaust, NGK spark plug, o-ring chain, old/locking style gas tank, 17t front sprocket, 39t rear sprocket, OKSTNO mirrors, LED headlight, GUB phone mount, ATLAS throttle lock, more to come.
Lifan KPR 200 - Stock. For now...

Last edited by swolff; 05-31-2022 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Solved