View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 07:51 AM   #41

Lowering the 2021 RX4 was fairly simple actually
the rear I just took a long heavy screw driver and loosened the lock nut on the pre load on the rear shock and put it to the top of the threads and then slowly beat the bottom nut up to the top one and then locked it there.
that lowered the rear about 2" exactly.
You can get away with lowering the rear alone but it's not advisable as it changes the rake and trail in the front wheel so the handling is no where near as good as it is stock.....
Lowering the front takes just loosing the triple tree clamps on the fork legs and sliding them up to touch the handle bars that gave me about 1.5" in the front ... but I wanted to match the rear so I got some handle bar risers ( the pivoting kind of 2" rise) and used then to move the handle bars back so I could slide the top of the forks up further set them both at exactly 2" and then buttoned everything down.... no change in the handling at all.
....and I can flat foot both feet at a stop sign, and I have a 30" inseam.

....EDITED.... I discovered that lowering the rear actually bottomed out the shock ! so don't move the nuts all the way up to the top if you go down 2" with the rear that way the shock will be bottoming out all the time so don't do that ! I had to raise the rear of my bike again in an attempt to get a smoothe ride
.... so far no luck, it rides like a truck !

Bob.....

Last edited by Bob Kelly; 05-19-2022 at 02:56 AM.