View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 08:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The slide is raised and lowered by the pin. There are two types. one where the pin has an offset to it and is smaller in diameter than the threads. This means its acts like a cam on the slide, manually raising and lowering it. The other type, which is what appears to be your style, is just a rounded end that "ramps" the slide up and down. Move it in and it lifts the slide with the radius of the rounded end, move it out and it lowers it. With it being screwed all the way in, it's just riding the slide as high as it can go all the time.

Your description matches my assumption on how it works. Yes, all the way tight should adjust the slide to highest adjustment/position possible-highest idle speed. But the thing is, the idle is like 700-800rpm, not elevated at all! It doesn't seem to lift the slide. It is freezing cold in the garage this morning. I will take another look this afternoon when it is at least in the 50s!

By contrast, on my storm, I can set the idle to practically 2000 rpm with this slide position adjuster.