Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 11:26 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
I told my wife tonight that it may just be money ahead to get a street bike.
She just laughed lol

So is there anything more to it? Standard sizes, fork or swing arm widths, axel diameters, etc?
I’m used to cars that have stuff like backspacing and bolt patterns and tire clearances, all of which are pretty well standardized: ie truck X can fit 38 inch tires without clearance issues on 17 inch wheel Y that has Z bolt pattern and 123 backspacing.
This just looks like an ornate bicycle wheel.
There is a ton to this. Talk to a pro who builds these things….. I’m not a wheel builder by any stretch. For starters, NOBODY on here has the bike, or specs from it, to be able to help you build a set of wheels. Secondly, finding a wheel builder that would actually build you wheels for a China bike can be a bitch. Most won’t touch one, simply because they don’t trust the hub metals. They are liable to the wheels if they lace you up a set, and they have no clue who actually produces the hubs, or rims themselves. These ain’t Kite hubs, nor DID rims we are dealing with……. You are dealing with wheels here…. Pretty important piece of the puzzle. Solid, safe, professional built wheels, your life relies upon.