View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 10:04 AM   #3

New PZ25 Carburetor arrived!

I ordered an exact replacement PZ25 from VMCCHINIESEPARTS.COM and although I was not happy with their shipping policies (2 days after order was placed it was shipped ) everything else was great.

Name:  Carb Box Medium.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  111.3 KB

I got the package in the middle of the day on Monday and I was just itching to try it out but I had to finish work first. While I was working I was able to inspect the carb, (notice the Dykem Blue marks this is a good sign) remove the bowl and look at the Jets. The one thing I was worried about was true. The Main Jet was not stamped (size unknown) and the Jet kit I ordered and was delivered the same day were obviously the wrong thread size = (.

Name:  PZ25 Medium.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  140.3 KBName:  Jet and Bowl Medium.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  134.9 KBName:  Original Jet Medium .jpg
Views: 386
Size:  117.7 KB

From here it’s all Excellent news. Once I was able to put it on the bike without a hitch. Everything fit better! There is more room on the fuel in tube, the choke assembly was just a smidge further away from the Carb which allowed the Air Cleaner to fit perfectly, were before there was clearance issues. After I double checked all of the connections, bolts, etc. I turned the fuel on and the excitement began!

I left the choke completely off, gave the throttle 1 pull and turned the key and hit the starter. It kicked over immediately into a smooth proper idle = ). When I revved the throttle is was like music to my ears. Responsive, smooth, and immediate throttle control and return to smooth stable idle for the first time in 5 years.

Excited with the new throttle behavior I grabbed a helmet and took the Hellcat out for a test ride. Folks I can’t tell you how relieved I was shifting through the gears and maintaining smooth and constant acceleration, stable smooth cruise speed and the entire RPM range was as it should have been from the beginning. The speeds I achieved because of the stable acceleration were 1st 12MPH, 2nd 23MPH, 3rd 37MPH and 4th 53MPH with out adjusting anything. Previously with the garbage Chinese PZ25 Carburetor was 43MPH surging with 1/3 to ½ choke.

I have other parts coming and will update the performance as I put them on in stages as to judge them independently and separately for the difference.
1990 Suzuki GS500E