View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Take that video with a grain of salt, as the Himma has dual sport tires on it and the RX4 is sporting street tires.

Charles.

Agreed, watch that video and notice (1) what they do to the bikes, it's brutal (2) what they say at the end, nothing broke, to their admitted amazement.
I was deliberating between an RX3 or RX4. I would miss the centerstand of the RX3 and the lighter weight, but I wouldn't be traveling at 8000rpm on pavement.

Ironically, it was After watching that video that led me to ordering a new 2021 RX4!

I reasoned since most of my riding is on pavement, and my "offroad" will be forest service roads or occasional gravel or dirt, the RX4 will last a long time. They beat the hell out of both of those bikes, in comparison to what I'll do with the bike!

Plus, the 21 has some updates including revised ecu programming, the tubeless spoked rims, dash etc.

I'm still in breakin period, 330 miles or so, have had her on gravel and dirt and 95% pavement. Only change from stock is the NGK spark plug that CSC sells.
My bike runs Great. It is surprising that a 450 is so much fun.

I notice none of the grabby clutch nor fueling issues described in that video, but they are running a 2020, mine is 2021.

Bottom line, with a spark plug change, the RX4 out of the box, is a very versatile scooter. I smile when I ride it. I smile when I think about riding it.
I'd buy it again.