View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #22

So, I said I fixed it by altering my dogbones. This is technically true. But this made the bike very unstable at 70+ mph. The bike was designed for a 15" wheel. A 17" wheel lifts the rear an inch already, and going the extra 0.75" or so that I lifted it was too much.

I might be able to fix it via the 19" front wheel CSC offers, or even maybe by going to an oversized front tire on the existing 18" wheel... but instead I've reverted my bike back to stock (I preferred the lowness anyhow) and I ripped out the airbox. The airbox seal was already compromised, so it had to come out. Looking at it... damn it's going to be impossible to shorten it. So I'm going to replace it with a foam filter attached to the throttle body. I'm going to put it on about 6" of tubing so the filter sits under the left side cover and is protected from dirt and mud and wind. Uni foam filter of course. I'm also thinking about designing a completely different airbox around the filter, just to make water crossings safer.

Just waiting on parts right now. This is gonna be fun.

Charles.