View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 01:17 PM   #31

Lifan has been successful with their X-Pect 200 EFI, and several of the higher echelon EFI bikes from SSR, Pitster Pro/GPX, and Kayo have had EFI with no real issues reported (for the prices of those bikes, they should be working ) and Boom/Baodiao have released a couple of street bikes with a 223cc thumper and EFI--Boom will be offering two different dual-sports in the next couple months with the same 223cc engine with EFI (and all will be CARB legal for those unfortunate souls who have few low-cost Chinese motorcycle options in California).

EFI is the (unfortunate for some) future of bikes. Talk of global warming has expedited the move as Europe has Euro-5 emissions, and China itself has adopted the same for its domestic market, and both are pushing to an all-electric future, and our current administration is pushing to use global warming to push for an eventual all-electric future.

I don't really have an opinion myself, but have accepted the idea that EFI is coming on strong, no matter what, and have been interested in the Lifan X-Pect 200 for a while now, and now I am interested in the upcoming X-Pect 250 which will also have EFI from what I understand.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard