View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 06:01 PM   #1

Linhai Rebel 80 (anyone know anything about this brand)?

Greetings! Been awhile since I've been on here. My daughter really gave this Tao Tao a flogging last summer. It's still running great. I rebuilt the rear end a few months back. Axle bearings gave out.

I bought about five various kids ATVs for parts a few years ago and decided I'm going to put a typical side shaft engine on this Linhai Rebel 80. The engine is on a pressure washer with a bad pump. I think it's a 6.5 Honda engine. Same engine the Predator 212 is based off that everybody is using doing this conversion. It's in my parent's barn. I haven't seen it in a while. It could be a Briggs and Stratton. No sure.

The engine on this Linhai is seized (no carb or spark plug), it's been robbed of parts and the wiring has been mutilated. I figured it would be easier to just use another engine with a self contained ignition system trying to sort out this mess.

Here's where I stripped it down to a rolling chassis. In the video I flipped the axle but I think using a jack stand is the best route to go.

Does anybody know anything about this particular brand of ATVs? Some parts show up on Ebay but not many. I know the Tao Tao 110 engine is a copy of a Honda (so I've read). Is this a copy of something or is it a unique?

I'll have to say the chassis looks very well built compared to the Tao Tao 110. frame looks very sturdy and the steering system is better built.

I maybe looking for a rear brake caliper but not sure at the moment.

Any details would be helpful.