View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 09:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
Hey Kolten--

I commented on your video yesterday, asking about the tach. Thanks for the response-- I didn't mean to be negative on the reliability of the bike overall.

I'm bringing the discussion here to respond to your response to me on YT. I seriously am considering this bike and I'm no beginner-- I just really like small displacement bikes of this type.

I own a Suzuki TU250 and really love it. The XF250 has the same engine, and I get the impression that it's not even a clone-- I believe the Chinese company that makes it also produced it for Suzuki as an outside contractor.

In addition, it has many other features similar to the TU250 such as same gearing and tire diameter. Since I happen to really like all these features on my TU250, I'm pretty sure this bike would be something I'd like.

Basically, it appears to be dual sport/fat tire version of the TU250. Sort of like a cross between the TU250 and a TW200.

As I said in my YT comment, the fact that the XF250 has an analog gauge cluster (with tach!) is kind of unusual these days and something I like.

I actually have the Trail Tech on my TU250 (which has no stock tach) and would prefer to not have to use that on the XF as you did. I wonder how fixable it is. Did you try to take it apart or anything?
If you plan to put many miles on the bike, you would want the trail tech or something similar. For weekend use they are probably ok. I have a Grom style cluster on mine and it's great. I like analog gauges too, but these analog gauges are junk in my opinion. Speedo and Odometer readings were questionable. The tach needle bounced every which way. No trip meter, and the incandescent mini bulbs regularly blow. I've owned two of these bikes, with similar issues.