View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 06:25 AM   #788

Out with the new guy to install the missing bushings in the loader booms. The kid has a lot of experience in rigging when you have the equipment to do it, but not a lot in how to do it when you don’t. The proper way to remove the booms would be with slings and an overhead crane. We have one sling and a fork truck.

When the kid said I couldn’t remove the booms without the overhead crane, I said “Watch and learn.” He jumped a lot and was wide eyed once or twice, but everything came off without a hitch. The hardest part was getting the pin out of the primary boom. Without the bushings in it, the damn thing kept shifting and binding the pin. Because of that, it took a couple hours to get the pin out.

Having dinner with the kid last night, he says that he didn’t think it was possible to do what we did with what we had. Told he needed to learn how to improvise on this job.

I’m still waiting to learn if some fcukwit in Beaufort is going to be held accountable for this latest fiasco.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts