View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 04:18 PM   #781

Today's adventure in Bureaucratic BS.

I get Power Points on cellphone use in a company vehicle and defensive driving. I need to acknowledge that I read through the bulls...er... informative Power Points and sign a form that I understood the company cellphone policy as it applies to company vehicles. Basically, no texting while driving and no driving with the phone in your hand. Normal no brainer crap.

The two signatures at the bottom of the policy are two of the biggest violators of this policy. Don't know how many times I've told those two clowns that if you need to get hold of me, call. Do not text because I'm probably driving. Not an hour later, I get a text from one of them. I ignore it. I get another text with in ten minutes. I ignore that one. Third text within five minutes. Ignored. Finally get a call wanting to know why I'm ignoring their texts. Usual answer is "What did I say before I left? I wouldn't answer texts while I'm driving. Is it that hard to understand?" So far, best response I gotten so far is, "Doesn't your bluetooth radio read texts back?" (my wife's car does) My response, "No, my company vehicle is 12 years old and lucky it has a bluetooth radio. I'm gonna need a brand new company vehicle for that to happen. Not a sales dudes' hand me down." That usually works for a couple of weeks.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts