View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 06:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Great thoughts and comments.

Riding China bikes since about 2008, I can tell you without a doubt, that China Bikes have greatly increased in quality and performance, especially in the last 5 years.....and realistically, their prices haven't increased as much as the advancements reflect, IMHO.

My 2006 XMoto GY200, while it had a reliable CG motor, had sloppy welds that rusted, garbage suspension (compared to today's China bikes), brittle plastics and awful rubber and cabling.
Good plastic...
The garage is freezing cold but I got out there and pulled more plastic and the seat off and removed the carburetor to open and rejet. As I removed the plastic side cover, I realized that it is the same quality as the front fender. And I have flexed that front fender a few times. I don't know how long that flexibility will last, but it is not bad and a replacement is just $30 if I abuse it enough to break it

The tube connecting the carb to the airbox was also flexible enough to pull off without any problem. The quality seems better than the 70's Japanese enduros. Compounds and molding processes have probably improved.