View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 02:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
Oh, I do own a Chinese bike, I own 3 in fact. That is the reason I belong to the forum. It is not for the bonding and brotherhood of the desperate and destitute, it is for the information.

With no service department, parts availability or warranty follow up I had to find instructions on how to keep these devices on the road. This was the place.

I have had to do so much to keep the China bikes on the road that I am now pretty competent at working on my two Jap and one British/Indian bike! Still nice to know that I have parts and a dealer 10 miles down the road.

My two China scooters have not been so bad, they competently fill their niche, but the dual sport was a waste of money. I have managed to use the information from the forum to move it along the scale from dangerous to merely unacceptable.

I have also been inside the carbs of those China bikes so much that I can now rebuild every carburetor on the farm and I used to have to pay for things like that on tillers, tractors and small engines.

The forum has served me well.

I am suspect of some of the math in these posts though. I have two Hondas, both near 20 years old, and both price out at over the cost of one of the CSC 250. That makes me wonder how buying three or four China bikes in 20 years is more money smart than paying three times the price, using it for 20 years and still having the value of a new China bike left in the Honda at the end of the 20 years.

All the while I have local parts and service support for major or minor problems along the way.

It seems like you've enjoyed, and benefitted from, the educational experience of owning and maintaining Chinese bikes. That's the problem with Japanese bikes, you basically have to take them apart for "no good reason" to learn anything.

You have to wonder where an American dual-sport would lie on the quality spectrum if anyone manufactured one in the US.