View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 01:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytall View Post
I have a 2013 SSR 250. When the valves are in spec it fires up with the first touch of the e-start. But after about 20-30 minutes of riding it starts to feel down in power and eventually won't start at all.

The only thing I've found to help is adjusting the valves. I open the bike up and the valves are out of spec too wide every time. The frustrating part is the set screw is never loose so I have no clue what is causing my valves to constantly get out of spec. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

When I put them back in spec she runs like a dream again.

It's to the point that I don't really take it on rides anymore because I can't trust that I'll make it back to my truck.
Does your bike have the Zongshen NC250 engine? Spud Rider had one with a bad head and the intake valves kept receding into the head (or something like that). His bike was still under warranty, so CSC sent him a new head for free. He did a write-up here, about his bike. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18895

It looks like a complete head for an NC250 is about $125 on Aliexpress. They aren't too difficult to install, especially with all the online videos now.