View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 01:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I wonder what the next 5-10 years has for us. My guess is that Chinese bikes will not change.
Great thoughts and comments.

Riding China bikes since about 2008, I can tell you without a doubt, that China Bikes have greatly increased in quality and performance, especially in the last 5 years.....and realistically, their prices haven't increased as much as the advancements reflect, IMHO.

My 2006 XMoto GY200, while it had a reliable CG motor, had sloppy welds that rusted, garbage suspension (compared to today's China bikes), brittle plastics and awful rubber and cabling.

Qinqi was way ahead of the curve with the QLink/Konker line (Suzuki clones) and Zong had a quality bike in the Sierra (Yamaha clone). All the Hondoids at the time were "Eh", like my XMoto........until the advent of the Hawk, TT250, Storm, etc. No great performers on the track but are still relatively cheap and will get you around the street and a ton of trails reliably.

Now....in just the last few years, we see the jump in overall quality and performance of the Kayo (and the like) and SSR bikes.

The problem is the day of the 1000.00 200cc China bike is long behind us....but that's ok in my mind, as the products have greatly improved.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350