View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 09:09 PM   #6

Well good sounds like your on it then.... I'ed be concerned about that "little lean"
you were talking about.... before I would move the needle clip I would put in a larger main jet and try it....
back in the 1970's changing the jet needle was a absolute NO-NO ! now you hear of guys changing them at the drop of a hat.... personally I can't see that because it messes up the fuel air ratio all over the mid range scale , where changing the main jet will only make it a bit richer from 3/4 throttle on
I remember playing with the float level in a Mulkini carb in my younger years and the small amount of changing made a huge diference ! ...
and on my 2012 250R Ninja if their not "SPOT ON" you will have problems all over !
but those carbs are a nightmare to get clean ! been into them 2 times and I have to do them again because their not clean yet ! ...their a bitch ! that idle passage way is a bugger to get clean after setting for a few years !
I got my RX4 on the bike stand and the side stand off and shortened so it won't fall over now that I lowered the front and back.... stock it would fall over if the front wheel was turned all the way to the right... so I had to fix that !
Bob.......