View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 05:56 PM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Between the dumbed-down public ed system, soy lattes, men using cosmetics, etc etc ad nauseum, the degree of fcukwittery is increasing alarmingly. You are retiring just in time to maintain your sanity.

Hopefully.

Dr. Tom's prescription: Watch lots of old-school westerns and war movies where manly men do the right thing. For an occasional diversion, you may also watch Petticoat Junction, Charlie's Angels, Wonder Woman or other eye-candy shows.
Not much for westerns but I do have 'Bridge Over The River Kwai' and 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' on my IPad. I'm not too proud to watch Jackie Chan kick the crap outta some deserving jerk, either. His film, 'The Foreigner' is not a comedy and damn good; also on the IPad. Fifties Sci-Fi works. Good fifties Sci-Fi, though. Not dreck like 'Attack of the Giant Leeches'. Not unless it's playing in the background on pizza and beer night with friends.

I don't control the remote at my place because I have little interest in TV. So I wouldn't get to see the old eye candy shows anyway. I do watch a lot of European crime dramas and Russian Sci-Fi on Netflix. There's some eye candy.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts