View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 10:57 AM   #9

The Zhongshen NC450 looks great, but as I said, it is oriented towards exotic, and not street legal. And of course, you can't buy them anyways!

I have been impressed with what I see available from China in the <250cc dirt bikes these days. But I did NOT pay anywhere near $2000. I paid $1400 for my dependable Storm with inverted front shocks and a decent swingarm connected to a monoshock !!! and we just paid $1369 for a TRB7 for my son

Just over $1500 AFTER delivery for the TBR just THIS WEEK!

Yup, you can buy a Yamaha TT230 for $4500, but not street legal. And the YZ450F lists at $9700 (also off road only). WRF250 is $8800. YOU CAN get an XT250 for $5200 but with standard front shocks. Looks nice actually, but over $5000! KLX is in the ball park, perhaps a couple hundred dollars more. At least the front fork is inverted on the KLX, but still, over $5000!

So I paid $1500 for two different nice Chinese dirt bikes that will easily handle the kind of use I my son and I will put them through. That is more than 3 times less than either the Kawasaki or Yamaha! Sales tax is also 1/3, and property tax (for those that pay it) is also less. This is my point. I just wish there was something in between. Just more engine performance (maybe 22-25hp), with a few more custom parts instead of generic off the shelf shifters, kick starters and a little more attention to quality on the instrument cluster. Could that cost more than TWICE what I paid for my Storm and my son's TBR7? I don't even want liquid cooling. Maybe $3000 would actually be worth it!