View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 08:49 AM   #1

TT250 arrived! And I can't get it to start.

Doh! So it finally came yesterday, I got everything removed from the crating, checked over everything for awhile, went through the ol' FINE-C startup process as well as following their specific instructions... and it doesn't start up. I got the same chug-chug-chug sound like I've heard in every TT250 video, but never turns over. So I check the battery, and it's at 12.1V. The internets tell me that below 12.3V needs a charge, so a buddy comes over with his battery tender. I let it charge all night, tried again this morning, and the same.

Just for context, I'm in Chicago and it's 35 in the day and 25 at night. Choke is fully closed, cut-off switch is in RUN, all the lights and display turn on, petcock turned down, but still nada.

Am I forgetting anything? When they say crack the throttle a little while starting, how much is generally needed? 5%? 10%? 50%? This is literally the first motorcycle I've owned, and only turned on a TW200 a handful of times, so my experience starting a cold carbed bike is precisely zero. I'll give CSC a call today as well and see what they say, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Already put the orange panels on, while she slumbers peacefully...
Attached Images