View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 06:11 PM   #31

Thank you everyone for your interest, time, and good suggestions. Its usually something simple, and in this case it was too. I was trying to tune the bike with the choke on, or enrichment plunger open. I thought the lever was the other way, so I was doomed from the start.

I went back in with AF at base 1.5 out, 105 main, 30 pilot, float bowl 26mm, valves adjusted to .003" intake and .005" exhaust, new gasket at the intake/head and spacer at the intake/carb that i thought i had lost. I tested the float valve by letting gas through and gently closing the float, effectively stopping the flow.

I had good idle off the rip, leaning high revs with choke on, good idle with choke off. It takes a little bit of throttle on start up, no problem.

It is amazing what some food and sleep will do for troubleshooting.

there is some tinking now from the tappets so ill go back and maybe do .004" on the exhaust and check both.

I had good idle already yesterday but i missed it thinking it was idling well with choke on. oops.

the bike drove around the block, it handled it well. It does idle a little low when pulling up to a stop and shifting down to 1st, a little throttle helped. it never died on me. There is a little bit of hesitation somewhere in the range but ill get to that another day. Plug chop to be done tomorrow, the sun went down and I had put everything away already.