View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #22

I have not looked at the valves because the problems with the bike were introduced by me. I wanted to change carbs to match the exhaust I put on. It was running great until I changed carbs. It's my fault.

But that being said, while the carb is off, now would be a good time to do that. I think I'll go for .003" intake and .004" exhaust.

Jerry I think you are right about the float valve. I saw oil in my spark threads, new plugs coming out black. That made me think I'm rich.
White smoke and high revs make me feel lean.

I'm just confused by getting both conditions- could be gas leaking in through valve as you said, making it appear rich.

I believe I had my best results with a 35 pilot (back to richened mix) and float bowl at 26mm. No matter what I did with the idle screw I couldn't get the bike to not search for 5k rpms. Messing with the AF screw landed me minute changes but nothing could cease the up and down. Like the float bowl is constantly raising abs lowering?

I put on a plastic spacer between the carb and intake, can't tell if that added air leak, or if it was better metal to metal. Lots of things changing, I know I need to simplify it .

I'm going to lower the float bowl again, to around 30mm see if that helps me.