View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 05:31 PM   #12

With the front mounts removed, I was able to rotate the motor into the proper position and boy did it feel good to get the swingarm bolt slotted in to place. Small victories.

There are a few areas of concern. The first is the front of the engine, there is a bolt that keeps the left/right side of the case together.

It rests ever so slightly against the frame. Removing the paint from the frame in that area was enough to allow it to slide freely without hanging up.

The next concern is the rear valve cover is right against the frame. Specifically the bolts are right against the frame. This is going to present an issue for valve adjustments.

I am going to check the length on the valve cover bolts, some creative spacing might give me a better clearance, but unsure if it will work. I don't like the idea having to take the swingarm off to slide the engine sideways to get clear of the frame each time I do the valves. My experience, however, on this build has shown me removing the swingarm takes a whole 5 minutes. So who knows