View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #22

MCO's need the FMVSS statement in WV

The info was returned to my title xfer place yet again. Said the sticker did not contain needed info. In particular the line, "This motor vehicle complies with all federal motor vehicle safety standards."

So, i called the State MVA office and spoke to the titling director. She was very nice and told me that according to a memo, they were requiring a photo of the FMVSS along with the MCO to register and title. She sent me a FAX of this memo and it is in reference to
"Mopeds and Motor-Driven Cycles"

One line states, "...the customer must provide a photograph of the manufacturer's label if the certificate of origin does not reflect the vehicle has been manufactured to meet all FMVSS safety standards."

So, i called the dealer and they told me to write VOID on my old MCO and fax it to them and they would issue me a new one that included this information.

I guess if anyone gets a MCO without that statement explicitly on it, they will likely ask for a photo of the FMVSS sticker.

Just another thing that a new Chinese bike purchaser needs to keep in mind and make sure the dealer puts that on the MCO.