View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #8

It's a dead end.
I contacted sellers on ali express and baba about atvs.
The cost to ship is a grand so you end up at nearly the same price as one already in America, granted what you would find to import is a significantly better model.
With that point made, you will also find out almost no seller will sell you 1, even if they claim that's their minimum purchase quantity; they will send you to an American dealer.

That guy mentioning emissions testing flew a bit too far into the thin air though. It's not illegal to import or sell vehicles that do not comply with emissions regulations, only to operate them. You wouldn't need a large quantity inspected by any means, you wouldn't believe the things I've imported and people I know have imported without issue.
I once had a gas engine skateboard the size of a surfboard shipped from China to the docks of Cleveland Ohio, and then freighted to my house for a grand whopping total of about $300! I actually had to call the harbor master to inform them of the freight service coming to pick it up, but it was a really quick and easy deal.