Thread: Da Bronda
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 10:05 AM   #21

Update? Hell, replace the non Honda wiring.

Even though the guy that wired it was an IBEW sparky, he wasn't up on automotive DC. He used appliance wire in place of automotive primary wire. That stuff is so stiff that it may as well be solid core. The wire routing is very good but how it's wired is subpar. All the ignition switch does is send power to the lights, save for the headlight. That has its' own switch. Only way to shut down the engine is its' own kill switch.

That short to ground on the kill switch? Nuh-uh. Someone spliced a chassis ground wire into the kill switch circuit. No way it was going run. The spliced wire had the same tag as all the other ground wires. I'm starting to wonder if it ever did run.

I'm thinking about putting a relay between the ignition switch and the kill switch circuit. Wire it up normally closed so when the ignition switch is shut off, power to the relay is cut, the relay closes and grounds out the coil. Also going to rewire the Hondas' kill switch, all that wiring is gone. I may throw a Ford style starter solenoid in the system so I can use the Honda start button instead of the B&S heavy duty dimmer switch used now. That would give me a spare dimmer switch for the DeSoto.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts