Thread: Storm burned
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 09:49 PM   #13

Welp I got my hands on a DR650. Believe it or not I’m doing the exact same thing now as we’ve all had to do with the China bikes. Chasing jets, taking apart the carb 10 times, checking bolts, trashing filters, changing oil, researching digital clusters, looking for better bars and grips.. the tires are 705’s so gotta buy knobbies soon, the pipe and air filter has to be upgraded etc etc etc. The headlight is weak and the speedo doesn’t light up and there’s no passenger pegs or decent skid plate or tail rack. Top speed is only like 70+ and I can’t find the correct pilot jet size to buy lol.

Literally everything is the same except it costs way more on the JPN bike. Ouch.
The photo is from after pushing it home the day I rode it to work. Turns out they forgot to put the vacuum line back on the tank.. which like a China bike has a leaky gas cap if you fill it too much.. .
Attached Images

Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,