View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #4

Another ride

After unexpectedly spending 9 months in the USA, we're finally back in Lesotho. I've been catching up on maintenance on all the mission vehicles including the BigBoy motorcycle. It served well in our absence. I noticed a little looseness in the steering head set, so tightened that bearing up a bit more. Other than that, it was just routine maintenance--oil change, clean and oil the chain, etc. I also installed a folding shift lever since I've bent the solid one up a few times on rocks. With all the maintenance done, today I went for a ride.

First off was visiting a missionary friend and taking some books to him. This gave me a chance to try out the saddlebags a friend and I made. They worked fairly well. (If you're interested, here's that thread. https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26951 )

It's a lovely time of year in Lesotho--spring! And we've had some great winter rains and snows (usually the dry season) so things are actually looking a little better than normal. I stopped to take pictures of Mr. Paschales' peach trees near the village where my missionary friend lives.

Name:  IMG_20210908_130855_481.resized.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  164.8 KB

He was pretty surprised with a white man on a motorcycle stopped and asked if he could take pictures. We visited for a bit. Of course he couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask for me to sponsor him so that he could take his garden up a notch or two and go commercial with his produce. Nice guy, though.