Thread: 2021 csc rx4
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #107

Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Add flare nut repairer to my resume lol:

I received the part today and was able to remove the old assembly and install the new one. Two things I noticed during the install:

The sensor with 2 wires that attached at the rear brake to the banjo bolt starts twisting as I loosened the nut. I did my best to protect the wires so as not to get damaged but it was a bit hairy
The old flare nut was super tight. I did manage to finally remove it and then installed and snugged down the new flare nut to what I thought was tight enough and connected the rear banjo bolt section. Sadly the flare nut wrenches i bought were too thick (except for the rear banjo nut) and did not work so i had to use a regular 12mm open end wrench and was careful and it worked with no issues. Afterwards I bled the brakes via the suction method with my oil extractor while adding new fluid to the rear reservoir (alot of air came out). I then completed the install and took her for a ride and the rear brake worked perfectly and I did several panic stops to where the rear ABS engaged. I later checked the flare area and there was some fresh fluid. I dried it up and pumped the rear brake a few times and it was a bit wet again. So it tightened the flare further and since then it does appear to be staying dry after I went for another ride but I will keep an eye on it. On a side note, it was nice that even though I felt fresh fluid before the last tightening, no air entered the system and the brake still works perfectly.
Very happy to have my rear brakes back
I have the same issue yesterday on my adventure I almost hit tree coming down dirt road. This is recalled issue it affecting a lot RX4 owners. And top of that coming home my bike died in traffic light. The cause was weak battery, i mange to bump start the bike mange to get home. I’m not a happy camper. All happened same afternoon.