View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #6

I concur with Dan as well (as I often do). I have a PE30 Nibbi on my Hawk now- having previously ran the HWBNDE vm26. I have basically every upgrade/mod except the CG300 cylinder and a cam (the camshaft is in my toolbox, awaiting install).

The PE28 would be a better size than the 30, even for me. The PE30 was a bear to tune.. but once I got it, I got it. And it definitely added to engine power. BUT... weather changes do affect it drastically.

My throttle response and general "rideability" were better with the vm26. It was smoother on and off the throttle. The PE30 feels like there is a detent off idle, and it is a very sudden "ON" feeling. You really have to know how to handle the throttle otherwise it's too much and you're popping the front end off or taking off too fast. Low speed throttle modulation is not good. For an all out race bike, it's perfect.

It's dialed in now... so I'll leave it. And the PE30 didn't cost me much as I traded a pre-tuned vm26 for it. BUT... if I were to know what I know and do it all over again, I'd either do the PZ30B pumper like @Megadan or just leave it with the VM26 clone.