View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #1

RX4 520 Conversion

I've been looking for a 520 rear sprocket for awhile and haven't had any luck, the custom shops seem to only use aluminum for custom orders, super sprox never got back to me. Going through many catalogs checking dimensions, I found the 2014 CRF450R rear to be almost Identical, except the bolt hole size and the 90degree cut on the bolt holes. The RX4 bolt holes are 10mm and straight cut, while the CRF bolt holes are 8.5mm with 90degree cut.

Fast forward 2 months later(I'm recovering from heart surgery) I ordered front 14T 520 RX4 sprocket from Ali express, 43T JT Sprocket (JTR210.43 ), and RK 108 link 520 chain. My neighbor drilled the 8.5mm holes to 10mm and installed everything for me, as I still have 4 months of recovery. Everything went on well, my only concern is the 90degree cut on the bolt holes, but everything is torqued down so I do not believe it will be an issue.

Results,
I have a 520 chain setup on my RX4 and an almost 3:1 ratio using a 520 steel rear sprocket. My stock was 530 13T front 44T rear. My neighbor rode the bike for me and noticed a difference over the ratio change and feels lighter, but I can't report much else since I can't ride yet. If you decide to do this, your doing it at your own risk. If you find a better solution, please I'm all ears!

The mind likes to wonder when the body can't move, so I figured this would be my recovery project, looking forward to getting on it and trying it my self!