View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
So my dongle thingy came with three different CDRs labeled Ecuflash Techstream, JLR-SPA, and JLR-PRO 138FULL. These of any use?

Charles.
ECUFlash is a pretty good universal ECU reading / writing application. ECUFlash even has a forum where people post up stock ROMs for their vehicle and either pay, or wait for a new tune to be available like Stage 1 or Stage 2 / O2 sensor / MAF delete, etc. Techstream is for Toyota / Lexus vehicles | JLR is for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles.

I'm fairly confident you'll be using that HOD ECU Hacker program for most all of it. Though, you could try other applications like Torque (mobile) or Palmer Performance software (PC) - https://www.palmerperformance.com/ Even has a dyno! But, that would just be to monitor / code read and see what aspects need to be tweaked, and give you a pretty accurate HP / TQ reading (dyno).

So the CD's - probably useless for the bike. I'd hang onto them though; can scan your cars if they throw any codes. The CD's might also have the driver for your device - if you're using Windows 10, wont be necessary; Windows grabs the drivers automagically. Except Tactrix, might need to manually install the J2534 driver. I don't know if Microsoft has included that chip driver in their database - but, Lukas has you covered on the download.

Last edited by Plump Kibbles; 08-15-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Clarifying drivers